Happy Friday friends! One thing I love about fall is trying new recipes especially slow cooker ones. I love how you just add everything in and let it do it’s thing. If you are look for the best loaded potato soup for fall then stick around because this one is a winner.
I have only made soup one other time and this one is by far my favorite! I added everything into the slow cooker in the late afternoon and it was ready just in time for the football game. This recipe makes enough for either another lunch or dinner. Heating it up the next time was just as good as eating it the first time.
– 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
– 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
– 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes diced
– 1 big broccoli stock chopped
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 4 tablespoons butter
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 (12-ounce) can 2% evaporated milk
– 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
– 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
– Optional toppings: thinly-sliced green onions or chives, extra shredded cheese, extra bacon, Greek yogurt
If you have any favorite soup recipes i’d love to know. I think I’ll be adding a few others on my Pinterest.
Have a good weekend everyone!