Happy Friday friends! Last weekend I told you all that I was really excited to make chili for Chris and I using my new Cocotte. I’ve only ever made chili once before and after making this easy winter chili lets just say I will be for sure making this one again. This recipe is packed with lots of items that we already had in our now organized pantry. Since I am in full cozy mode recipes like this chili one are perfect.
Keep Reading To See How To Make My Easy Winter Chili
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 pound ground turkey
– 1 can tomato soup
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
– 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
– 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
– 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– Salt to taste
– Sour Cream (for topping)
– Shredded Cheddar cheese (for topping)
1. Heat the oil in cast iron cocotte over medium heat. Place the turkey in the skillet and cook until evenly brown; drain.
2. Add turkey, tomato soup, broth, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans and red onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper and salt inside cocotte.
3. Cover and cook for 45 min on low or continuously stirring.
4. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese
Chris was a huge fan of this winter chili. We actually had enough for last nights dinner and it was just as good. After we got done chatting with you all over IG live we both were on the same page that chili sounded perfect. Nothing says a cozy night in like chili and stranger things.
I hope you all have a good weekend and you have chance to try this recipe out.