Happy New Year everyone! One thing I told myself was that this year I was going to make it a point to bake more. I love to bake I find it really relaxing! Anyone else?? During the winter time I like to use ingredients like cranberries, cinnamon and marshmallows.
Today I’m sharing with a recipe that I love to use with left over fresh cranberries from the holidays. This recipe is easy to make but takes a bit more time in the oven but trust me it’s delicious. Especially with a nice cup of tea or coffee in the morning.
– 1 cup butter softened to room temperature.
– 1 package cream cheese (8 oz) softened to room temperature
– 1.5 cups sugar
– 1.5 teaspoons real vanilla extract
– 4 eggs
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 cups fresh cranberries
½ cup pecan halves (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 ℉
– Using a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla extract. One at a time, add the eggs, while mixing slowly.
– In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder & salt.) Gradually mix dry ingredients into mixing bowl of wet ingredients. Gently fold in pecans and cranberries.
– Fill 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 75-90 minutes. Bread is finished when toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into center of bread.
– Add dash of butter or cream cheese to the loaf slice when warm if you would like as well.
Have a great week everyone!!